I'm not one for making resolutions. I'm much better at making plans than I am implementing them, so I kind of save myself the disappointment. However, I do have fun making creative goals. The kind that are fun to achieve. Not the "lose ten pounds" kind that you have to work too hard at. I like the "buy more fabric and make things" kinds of goals. ;-)
To that end.....I'm declaring 2012 the Year of the Perfect Exposure. I have a new camera. She's a beauty. But you know what? Good cameras don't take good pictures. You still have to learn how to operate them! So, it's my goal to learn. I enjoy taking photos of my craft endeavors, and now I'll be even more motivated to keep up with that. This is still a quilt blog - it's my first love. But I'm also excited to nurture my growing interest in photography and hopefully make this space here even more fun to look at.
I'd also be breaking with an awful long standing tradition if I didn't give my sewing space a once over and make a very unofficial list of goals (not resolutions!) for the coming year. There are some obvious ones that stand out to me, so I'm going to put them in black and white and see if that motivates me to stick with them. :-)
1. UFO Management. The increasing number of UnFinished Objects around here has officially exceeded the number of projects completed in 2011. I have things stashed away that I'm still very excited about and would really love to see finished. (Anyone else harboring pinwheel blocks from Rachel Griffith's pinwheel sampler??) SO....for each new thing started I'd like to see one half worked item completed. This surely tops every quilter's list. It's trite but true....I'm tackling the stack!
2. BOM. Wendy and I are doing a block of the month together, and I aim to keep up.
3. I want to have a pillow fight. Pillows. Specifically, new pillows for the couch. I'm adding that to the list of acceptable reasons to buy new fabric. When I see the right collection, I'll know it.
4. I want to SWOON. This is my year to finally use my Thimbleberries Swoon pattern. I've had it for several months and have a few things I need to finish up first before I feel justified starting it.
5. I have a Christmas quilt that I need to finish. I know, I know. Trust me, I know. :-)
Whatever you do and where ever you are tonight, I wish you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!