Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Pinwheels

Well....THAT was quite a crazy break!!  My oldest just graduated from our homeschool.  What was I thinking starting a new blog at the beginning of her final semester?  I somehow grossly underestimated all the that the title "senior" would entail!  Ha!  We've been going a thousand, and even though I've dropped way more balls than I've juggled, it's been a fun and memorable time.

I have gotten some stitching done here and there, so I'm excited to have some new things to share.  My most recent finish is a quilt that I made to send to my Aunt who lives in Colorado.


It is made out of various fabrics from Miss Rosie's Quilt Company.  The pattern is a simple pinwheel with white sashing that I designed myself.


My Aunt goes by the name "Oma Joan".  Her name is pronounced "Joanne", and "Oma" is German for "Grandmother".  My kids started calling her Oma Joan when they were little and the name just stuck!  I embroidered a label for the back of the quilt.


Backed in a minty green and bound in red gingham, I think this quilt has a fresh, summery feel.


This quilt has already arrived to its new home in beautiful Colorado, and Aunt Joan called me right away to tell me how much she liked it.  Colorado is one of our all time favorite places to vacation, so I hope I'll get to go visit this quilt sometime very soon!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a darling keepsake quilt. It is so cute and stitched with so much love. :o)

    ReplyDelete