Monday, January 30, 2012

Hopping Down A Rabbit Trail

I always have a hand project going to keep me busy on car trips, at baseball practices, in the doctor's office, and so forth.  These projects don't ever move along very quickly because I don't usually get them out to work on here at home.  However, we had some family movie nights planned this weekend, so I settled in with my current embroidery endeavor, which is a Crabapple Hill pattern.

My color in these photos is completely wacky.  I should retake them all tomorrow in proper light.  But well intentioned plans like that have a way of never getting done, so I'm sharing the ugly pictures with bad color.  :-)  These are actually done on white fabric, not blue!


I originally bought all the DMC floss as instructed on the pattern, but I quickly abandoned the official rules in favor of picking whatever colors pleased me at the moment.  That way, I don't have to think (or plan) too hard.


I have three blocks completed so far and am working on the fourth.  There are five blocks total in this set.  I have not fully decided if I will construct a quilt to be displayed at Easter or if I will make a spring table runner for the dining room.  At the rate I go on these hand projects, I have plenty of time to decide!


I've also been stitching a label for my latest quilt backing.  This is for my Bliss quilt.  My original plan was to embroider a gnome by the little house, but now I'm thinking about leaving the empty space so I have more room to write.  In truth, I'm eager to finish the label quickly so I can get this layered and on the machine!


Hope everyone's week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment